The Clean Cooking Alliance
is pleased to announce that applications for the 2019 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year (WEYA) Award are now open. This annual award recognizes outstanding female leaders in the household energy sector who are advancing clean cooking solutions in emerging markets.
The 2019 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year will receive:
- Sponsorship to attend the 2019 Clean Cooking Forum in Nairobi, Kenya, November 5-7, 2019, including registration, economy airfare to/from Nairobi, and lodging;
- High-level recognition during the Clean Cooking Forum and the opportunity to network with key stakeholders in the sector;
- Financial sponsorship to attend a leading social entrepreneurship development course, such as the five-day Executive Program in Social Entrepreneurship at The Stanford Graduate School of Business (pending selected winner’s admission to the program based on eligibility criteria and selection process);
- One-on-one business coaching sessions (up to four sessions) with the Alliance;
The nomination process will begin on Monday, July 1 and run through Thursday, August 1.
Find out more here.
- One year of mentoring support from the Alliance and its strategic partners;
- Inclusion in a global clean cooking communications campaign to be launched in November 2019;
- Increased visibility and international recognition via the Alliance’s newsletter, website, social media platforms, and other promotional materials; and
- A professional photoshoot to highlight the winner’s work and impact in the sector.