MMEG supports women from developing countries in their pursuit of higher education.
Scholarships are awarded to women from developing and middle-income countries who, upon obtainment of their degree, intend to work in, or with, a developing country to improve the lives of women and/or children.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Applicants must be enrolled at one of the following South African universities:
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State