Global Off-Grid Forum
18 – 20 February 2020
The Global Off-Grid Solar Forum and Expo is the premier meeting of the off-grid solar sector providing a unique platform for knowledge exchange, networking and showcasing off-grid solar products and services. The event aims to accelerate the development of the global off-grid solar market contributing to achieving universal energy access by 2030.
Learn from practical experiences of industry leaders and experts, and from those beyond the industry, how your company can navigate the off-grid solar market better, or how your organization can support them. Potential topics include:
- Conquering new markets, exploring new frontiers
- Development towards industry maturation – what can we learn from other industries? E.g. consolidation; mainstreaming financial investors, evolution from easier to more difficult markets
- Deep dives:
- Consumer Protection
- Credit Assessment
- Distribution/ margin control (including “Path to Profitability”)
- PAYGo Performance, Reporting, and Measurement (PERFORM)
- Customer Insights – findings from recent research
- E-waste – business practices and things to know for companies.
- Country deep dives
- The nexus of agriculture, water and electrification
- How to turn electrification of public institutions into an off-grid business opportunity
- What role does public funding have to leverage investment and activate markets? How to adapt business models and channel subsidies to reach the most remote and poorest households – thereby leaving no one behind
- Can manufacturing and distribution costs be reduced further to lower end-user prices and reach lower income households?
- Regulation – what’s on the horizon? What are supportive policies and regulations, which ones are not helpful? Includes data and consumer protection.
- Is the sector ready for commercial capital? Do we want to become ready? What is the risk-absorption capacity (Equity and Debt)?
- Business models beyond PAYGo – which other business models should we keep in mind?
- Interoperability Grid vs Off Grid – how to provide the best experience to customers with weak grids
Visit the event website to stay updated: www.offgridsolarforum.org