PARTNERSHIP IN ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN REFRIGERATORS AND TRANSFORMERS POLICY PROJECT BID
Deadline: August 19, 2020
- Develop mandatory Minimum energy performance standards and labeling schemes.
- Create a national policy roadmap and enabling environment for the implementation of standards and labels.
- Propose appropriate financing mechanisms to accelerate deployment of energy efficient refrigerators and distribution transformers.
- Strength the national capacity to develop standards and labels for other appliances in future.
The project is funded by the Global Climate Fund (GCF) and supervised by the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN). CLASP is looking for consultancy firms to partner with in the bids and the subsequent implementation of the project.
The local consultant must be a firm legally present in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Namibia, Malawi, Lesotho and/or Eswatini for a minimum of 7 years (with tax and legal status). The firm will be responsible for the coordination of local activities. The activities include to:
- Identify key stakeholders in the development of energy efficiency policies for refrigerators and distribution transformers
- Convene stakeholders to interrogate draft policy proposals and provide comments to enrich those proposals for the Botswana context
- Organize and conduct workshops
- Liaise with Government departments, regulators and other key stakeholders to progress the development of policies as per program timelines
- Write minutes of all meetings and notes from workshops
- Participate in revising policies in line with recommendations from local stakeholders
- Participate in reporting to the funders
- Help develop and disseminate program communications.
In particular, the consultant will provide two experts as follows:
- Local Policy Expert
- Local Communications Expert
Find out more about this RFP here.