The Hidden Side of Energy Access: Understanding Clean Cooking
Wed 12 May 2021
8:30AM EST / 2:30 PM CET/CAT / 8:30PM ACT
You’re invited to join the Health and Energy Platform of Action, the Clean Cooking Alliance, and the World Health Organization for the second session in their webinar series, Transitioning to Clean Cooking. Co-hosted by the World Bank’s Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP), this session will explore ESMAP’s new online course, The Hidden Side of Energy Access: Understanding Clean Cooking, a first-of-its-kind exploration of the fundamentals of the clean cooking sector.
Featuring remarks from leading experts on energy access, this session will discuss ESMAP’s motivations for developing the new four-part course and explore key issues addressed in the modules.
Introduction and Opening Remarks
- Pablo Fajnzylber (Acting Vice President, Infrastructure Practice Group, World Bank)
Presentation: Course Overview
- Franck Gbaguidi (Adviser to the Managing Director, IFC)
- Franziska Deininger (Consultant, ESMAP)
- Asna Towfiq (Policy Manager, Clean Cooking Alliance)
- Shonali Pachauri (Research Group Leader, Transformative Institutional and Social Solutions Research Group, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis)
- Charlot Magayi (Founder and CEO, Mukuru Clean Stoves)
- Marc Jeuland (Associate Professor, Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University; co-founder, Sustainable Energy Transitions Initiative)
- Vijay Bhopal (Managing Director, Connected Energy Technologies)
- Ed Brown (Professor of Global Energy Challenges, Loughborough University)