Pan African University
Postgrad Specialisation: Minigrids, Digitalisation and Entrepreneurship
The programme consists of a thesis and the following courses:
- Energy Production/ Generation and Storage for Mini Grid
- Micro-mini Grid Design- Planing and Operation
- Minigrid Buinsines Model and Finance
- Mini-grid Policy Regulation and standards
- ICT Infrastructure in Smart Grid
- Advanced Power Electronics Applications
- IoT and coding for mini/micro grid
- Data Managament and Smart Grid Analytics
- The nature of entreprenurial practice
- Building expertise in new products and services to exploit entrepreneurial opportunities
- Creating a start-up
This programme is being developed by PAU with the support of the Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative (GESCI). It aims to strengthen capacity on the continent for developing innovative business ideas in the mini-grid sector. It will focus on both technical and entrepreneurial skills for the creation of smart microgrid businesses and start-ups in Africa.
The PAU-MDE programme focuses specifically on the sub-sector of decentralized intelligent energy systems, namely the application of smart mini-micro grid systems and their value chains in urban, peri-urban and remote areas as opportunities for young entrepreneurs. The programme, offered online with access to virtual laboratories, incubations and mentorship by international experts and entrepreneurs, is accessible to young graduates across the continent. The initial offering will be in English, with French planned as a future option.
Find out more about this programme on the PAU MDE website.